We recently conducted a survey of over 600 IT professionals across the United States to learn what makes modern IT professionals tick. We knew that IT teams come in all shapes and sizes but we wanted to dig deeper and understand what it means to be one of the modern IT teams practicing ITSM.
Modern IT Teams Practicing ITSM
Modern IT teams mean business
Modern IT teams are ones that align with the business needs and strategy as opposed to just completing tickets and delivering on SLAs. When IT teams are tapped into the business strategy, they can streamline their day-to-day work and focus on driving technological improvements across the company, from sales to marketing, and customer success. We discovered that while a third of teams report being completely aligned with the business today, the number of business-focused IT teams is growing, with 29% of teams reporting that IT is key to business strategy and success. We expect that modern IT teams will continue aligning with the business, spending less time firefighting, and playing catch up.
Learn more about what these Modern IT teams look like and how you can move your team from firefighting to strategizing with our infographic. And, to discover how Atlassian enables ITSM, see their ITSM software page:
Can’t get enough ITSM trends? Become a modern IT team too using JIRA Service Desk and Confluence. Try it today for free.
- Why You Should Become an Atlassian Certified Administrator - February 20, 2017
- The Shape of Modern IT Teams Practicing ITSM - February 17, 2017
- New Features in Portfolio for Jira to Improve Your Roadmap - February 13, 2017
- 4 simple collaboration strategies for distributed teams - February 2, 2017
- Documentation Establishes a Single Source of Truth - January 24, 2017